This award recognizes an extraordinary New York State Licensed Veterinary Technician who demonstrates compassionate care, contributions to mentorship, and professional and researcher education. The award consists of: $250 honorarium and plaque. An individual may self-nominate and must meet the general and focus area criteria listed below.
Focus Area Criteria:
Information Checklist to Include in Nomination Package:
- Nominee’s name and place of work (may be included on resume)
- CV or resume
- Copies of current AALAS Certificate Registration and NY Veterinary Technician License Registration (may black out address). Both documents must indicate name and expiration dates.
- Nomination letter(s)
Note: The nomination letter is the most important element for the committee’s consideration of a candidate. The nomination letter should provide details about the candidate’s achievements that are relevant for consideration for the LVT award. It should clearly address the focus area criteria (contributions to the research community; distinguished or notable professional achievements; service that reflects excellence in our field; publications, research or creative work)
- Letters of support (1-3 limit) – highlight different aspects of candidate’s qualifications
- Please submit the nomination package to Diana Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 29th, 2021
- Nominees will be notified by November 5, 2020 and must attend Technician Night (November 10th, 2021) to receive the award