Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician, in fond remembrance of Douglas F. McBride, DVM, sponsored by W. F. Fisher and Son
Laboratory Animal Technician, in honor of John J. Sabine Jr., sponsored by Purina Lab Diet
Laboratory Animal Technologist, sponsored by ARES Scientific
• Is an Active member of MNYBAALAS
• AALAS Level of Certification (at the award nomination level). Registered status preferred.
1. An Active member of MNYBAALAS means that the candidate has an active status AND has attended at a minimum of 2 online/in person MNYBAALAS hosted events, sessions or webinars in the past year.
2. For awards that require an AALAS certification, a copy of the certification must be provided in the packet.
3. All nomination packet submissions should have 1 Nomination letter and at a minimum of 1 supporting letter (no more than 3 supporting letters).
4. All candidates must be nominated by a MNYBAALAS member.
5. Past award winners are not eligible for the same award but can be nominated for other awards.
Helpful Hints on writing a nomination packet:
1. The Nomination Letter should include:
a. Nominee’s Name / Job Title / Place of Employment / Years of service with current job and years in research.
2. The nomination letter is the most important element for the committee’s consideration of a candidate. The nomination letter should provide details about the candidate’s achievements that are relevant for consideration of the award. It should clearly address the focus area criteria, contributions to the research community, and distinguished or notable professional achievements. It should outline the nominee’s activities that reflects excellence with particular emphasis on how this nominee has demonstrated extraordinary dedication, initiative, and skills in his/her work.