Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Metro NY AALAS has a variety of award opportunities throughout the year.
Technician, Service, Enrichment, & Innovation category awards presented at the Awards Reception on April 26th, 2024
1. An Active member of MNYBAALAS means that the candidate has an active status. MNYBAALAS meeting attendance is preferred for awards unless otherwise specified.
2. For awards that require an AALAS certification, a copy of the certification must be provided in the packet.
3. All nomination packet submissions should have 1 nomination letter and at a minimum of 1 supporting letter (no more than 3 supporting letters).
4. An MNYBAALAS member must nominate the candidate.
5. Past award winners are eligible for the same award after 5 years of winning the award.
Helpful Hints on writing a nomination packet:
1. The Nomination Letter should include the following:
2. The nomination letter is essential for the committee’s candidate consideration. The nomination letter should provide details about the candidate’s achievements, address the focus area criteria, contributions
to the research community, and distinguished or notable professional achievements. It should outline the nominee’s activities that reflect excellence, emphasizing how the nominee has demonstrated extraordinary dedication, initiative, and skills in his/her work.